Thursday, May 19, 2016

Under The Sea Bookmark

  The Sweet Stamp Shop Fan Club on Facebook has a Bookmark Challenge for the month of May. So exciting! Who doesn't love bookmarks?! I can still remember one of my favorite things about going to the library when I was in elementary school was getting to pick out a bookmark after you checked out your book for the week. The librarians would cut out the illustrations from old donated greeting cards and make them into bookmarks. My friends and I would always search for the cute animal ones first. So much fun!

  For this challenge, I created a bookmark with an under the sea theme. I like to read paperback books on the beach rather than an e-reader and I wanted to create just a fun summery bookmark that I could use.
  I started by cutting down a piece of Ranger Gloss Paper into a strip for a bookmark and inking it with Salty Ocean Distress Ink. After it dried I punched a hole in it so I could later attach ribbon, and then I stamped the anchor stamp all over the bookmark in Brilliance ink. After that was dry, I coated the whole bookmark with my Ranger Clear Resist Pad and then clear embossing powder and heated it to give it a watery look. Next I stamped out the mermaid, shells, seahorse, jellyfish and bubbles from the Mermaid Shelfie stamp set in Memento Ink on Spectrum Noir cardstock, colored them in with Spectrum Noir Markers and fussy cut them out. I applied them to my bookmark using my Xyron Create a Sticker. The shells and bubbles have a touch of a Wink of Stella Clear Glitter applied to them to give them a little bit of a shiny look.
  Here's a closer look so you can see the embossing on the bookmark. Sorry the pic is a little blurry!

  Thanks for stopping by my blog! My supply list is below. If you have any questions please leave me a comment or send me an e-mail.

Have a great Thursday!
- Kim

(Disclosure: I am not affiliated with any of the below companies, I just like their stuff!)

Supplies:

-Stamps - Ahoy and Mermaid Shelfie (Sweet Stamp Shop)
-Spectrum Noir Markers: PP2, PP4, PP5, DR1, DR6, DR7 (Hair); CG2, CG4, DG3 (Mermaid Fin); TN1 (Skin); HB1, HB2, HB3 (Shells); IB1, IB2 (Bubbles); CT1, CT3, CT4, BT5, Blender (Seahorse); BP1, BP3, Blender (Jellyfish)
-Memento Tuxedo Black Ink (Imagine Crafts / Tsukineko)
-Wink of Stella Brush - Clear Glitter
-Salty Ocean Distress Ink (Tim Holtz / Ranger Ink)
-Ranger Mini Ink Blending Tool
-Brilliance Ink in Moonlight White (Imagine Crafts / Tsukineko)
-Ranger Clear Resist Pad
-Recollections Clear Embossing Powder (Michaels)
-Hero Arts / Wagner Embossing Heat Tool
-Ranger Gloss Paper
-Ribbon - white 3/8inch by Celebrate It (Michaels)
-Fiskars Paper Trimmer
-Fiskars Hole Punch
-Xyron Create A Sticker machine
-EK Tools Scissors

No comments:

Post a Comment