Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Root Beer Father's Day Card

  The Root Beer stamp from Sweet Stamp Shop's May Release is one of my new favorite stamps. Besides being cute, it is the perfect size stamp for cards and planners. One of the many ideas that came to me for this stamp set was a Father's Day card, a holiday which I'm sure will be here before we know it.

 
  What is one stamping technique you have always wanted to try but were afraid to?  For me, it was the mirror image stamping technique. It just seemed a little intimidating to me and I always wanted to try it out but never did. So I bit the bullet and tried. I feel that my mirror image stamp doesn't really do justice to the actual stamped image (I'm sure you can tell which one it is -- the left one) but I thought I would share it with all of you anyway as I keep practicing this technique. Maybe it will inspire one of you to try a new technique that you haven't tried before!
 
  I found a few YouTube videos with different ways to do this technique and after trying a few of them, I found one using the Misti stamping tool by Sharon Curtis (click here for the video). This method was the easiest one for me. After I mirrored the image, I darkened it using my Memento Dual Marker because it was much lighter than my regular stamped image. I then needed to touch up my regular stamped image with my marker also, as the mirror image was a little darker.


  The card bases, background, and stamped images were all cut out with my Silhouette Portrait. I used Spectrum Noir markers as my coloring medium for all of the stamped images. For the pretzels, I "salted" them with a Molotov paint pen and applied a coat of Glossy Accents. I also added a touch of "fizz" to the root beer bubbles with my Wink of Stella brush.

Hope you all have a Happy Tuesday! And let me know in the comments below what technique you will be trying next!
 -Kim

I am linking this up to Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes.


(Disclosure: I am not affiliated with any of the below companies, I just like their stuff!)

Supplies:

Stamps:
Sweet Stamp Shop - Root Beer (root beer floats); Just Icons (pretzels); Blocked Alpha (alpha)
Avery Elle - The Man (Father's Day banner and Happy Father's Day Sentiment)
-Misti Stamping Tool  by My Sweet Petunia
-Silhouette Portrait
-Silhouette Studio Designer Edition
-cardstock by Bazzill and American Crafts
-Scotch Quick Dry Adhesive
-Glossy Accents by Ranger
-Memento Ink - Tuxedo Black by Imagine Crafts
-Memento Dual Marker - Tuxedo by Imagine Crafts
-Spectrum Noir Markers - TN1, TN3, EB1, EB3, TB4, TB5, Blender
-Wink of Stella Brush - Clear Glitter
-Molotov Paint Pen in Signal White
-Black Pearls by uknown

No comments:

Post a Comment