Friday, August 26, 2016

Summer Grillin'

Happy Friday!

  Backyard BBQ's are the BEST part of the summer! I love getting together with family and friends and grilling, chatting and listening to music.  There's only a couple more nice weather weekends left for BBQ's here in NJ so I will be grilling as much as possible.


  This fun BBQ wall decor was made using my Silhouette Cameo. In Silhouette Studio DE, I opened the Summer BBQ Set by Lori Whitlock (purchased from the Silhouette Design Store). I ungrouped the items and deleted the grill. I selected the flames, grouped them together and removed them from the mat for later. I selected each tool and grouped them seperately with its extra hand grip piece. I resized each to 12.5" high (making sure lock aspect is checked). And moved all pieces to the mat and cut them with the Cameo.

  Next I opened the Halloween Skull & Crossbones by Lori Whitlock in Silhouette Studio DE. I ungrouped the items and removed the bottom 2 layers. I resized the skull to 2.5" High.  I selected the offset tool and offset the skull using offset round by .1000 in distance and applied it.  Next I released the compound path on only the offset piece and removed the eyes/nose pieces so I only had a shadow layer for the top skull. With the Cameo, I cut out the shadow piece in black and the top of the skull in white.

  For the flames, I resized the group to 5.3" wide and cut the pieces in 3 seperate colors - red, orange, and yellow. Then I glued everything together with Scotch Quick Dry Adhesive and used pop dots on the grip pieces.

  I hope you enjoyed this project! As you can probably guess, me and the family will be grilling this weekend. Have a great weekend guys!

- Kim

 (Disclosure: I am not affiliated with any of the below companies, I just love their stuff!)

Electronic Cutting Machine: Silhouette Cameo
Design Program: Silhouette Studio Designer Edition
Cutting Files:  Summer BBQ set and Halloween Skull & Crossbones by Lori Whitlock (available in Silhouette Design Store)
Cardstock: all cardstock by American Crafts (except the red cardstock is by Recollections)
Adhesives : Scotch Quick Dry Adhesive; Pop Dots

No comments:

Post a Comment