Sunday, July 3, 2016

Bite Me. - A Treat Bag Topper

Hey Everyone! 

  This cute treat bag topper is my last Shark Week project for this year. I hope you guys enjoyed my shark themed projects.


  I used a regular sandwich re-closeable bag for the bottom of the treat bag with some gummy sharks for the treat. For the topper, I cut a piece of cardstock to 6 1/2" x 3". I scored it in half lengthwise with a scoring board and bone folder. The corners were cut with a Corner Chomper. I stamped out the phrase, shark fin, and waves with stamps using Versafine Ink. The shark fin was a little too short and didn't quite reach down to the wave so I extended it slightly using a Memento Dual Marker. I also cut out a bite mark on the bottom right with scissors. Then I watercolored the stamped images and the bite mark with Distress Markers, water and a paint brush. Once dry I added the topper to the bag with some fun blue decorative staples.

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Now we count down to next year's Shark Week!

- Kim

 (Disclosure: I am not affiliated with any of the below companies, I just like their stuff!)


Supplies Used:

-Stamps - Bubble Alpha and Fishy by Sweet Stamp Shop
-Inks: Tsukineko/Imagine Crafts - VersaFine in Onyx Black; Memento Dual Marker in Tuxedo Black
-Coloring Medium: Candied Apple, Mermaid Lagoon, Hickory Smoke - Distress Markers by Tim Holtz / Ranger Ink 
-Water and paintbrush
-EK Tools Scissors
-Paper: Neenah 110lb cardstock
-Crop-A-Dile Corner Chomper (1/2" setting) by We R Memory Keepers
-Crafter's Stapler by We R Memory Keepers
-paper trimmer
-Martha Stewarts Crafts Scoring Board and Bone Folder
-regular sandwich re-closeable bag
-gummy sharks

No comments:

Post a Comment