Monday, July 11, 2016

My Planner Monday - Sugar Skulls and Roses

Hi Guys!

  This week I had a chance to decorate my planner and I went with a Sugar Skull and Rose theme using only black, white and red. (and a touch of grey...)

  This is a simpler layout for me since some of my planner layouts get a little bit crazy. I love decorating my weeks differently and not being locked down into one style or one layout or one theme. I like to reflect the many different layers of myself in my planner (and in all of my cards/craft projects/life.)
Click the pic for a bigger look.
  The sugar skulls (Bombshell Stamps) were stamped with Memento Ink and colored with Sharpies and my IG3 Spectrum Noir marker. The roses are a digi stamp (Bombshell Stamps) that I resized, printed out with my printer and then colored with a red Sharpie marker.  The T, O, D, and O in To-Do was stamped in Memento Ink with stamps from the Script Lower Set by Sweet Stamp Shop. I drew the hyphen and hearts. I also drew all of the hearts and lines on my planner spread with the Memento Dual Marker by Imagine Crafts. The washi tape I used is by Nicole Crafts and it was a clearance item at A.C. Moore.

  I was on Instagram earlier and I kept seeing a lot of planner gals saying that they haven't found planner peace. I started thinking about it and what planner peace is for me. For me, planner peace is having a large enough area to decorate but also write, removeable pages, and a planner that I can customize to my liking. I am happy that I have found mine in my Happy Planner. I hope all of the other planner girls out there find there planner peace as well!

   Have a wonderful Monday!

 - Kim

 (Disclosure: I am not affiliated with any of the below companies, I just love their stuff!)

Supplies:
-Planner - The Happy Planner by MAMBI (Me & My Big Ideas)
-Inks- Tsukineko/Imagine Crafts - Memento Ink pad and Dual Marker in Tuxedo Black;
-Coloring Medium - Sharpie (red and black), Dual Marker by Imagine Crafts in Tuxedo Black, Spectrum Noir Marker IG3
-Washi Tape by Nicole Crafts
-Stamps - Sugar Skulls by Bombshell Stamps; Wild Horses Digital Stamps (roses) by Bombshell Stamps; letters T, O, D, by Sweet Stamp Shop from the Script Lower set
-Ruler
-EK Tools Scissors

No comments:

Post a Comment